Thursday, May 24, 2007

A much Needed Update for you...

It's been a while, hasn't it? Probably too long, but it seems like each day has something new to offer in the world of this trip. Here's how things are looking as of now: After spending the past two weeks on hold, calling senator's offices, and faxing personal information to random people from congress, still no passport. I received a call on Monday afternoon from one of these offices saying that it had finally been finished and it should arrive soon, but with my plane leaving tomorrow, the risk of missing it is too great, so i made arrangements today to reschedule my departure for June 7, 2007. In addition to this, I had a doctor's appointment Monday to follow up on my anxiety/irregular heartbeat/stress/whatever and the doctor actually recommended that I stay home a few exrta days to finish a couple extra tests he wanted to run. What's so weird though, is that the above phone call from the senator's office came right as we were discussing the doctor visit and the probably-smarter-idea of leaving late. So, just as I ruled out one dilema, in comes another. But after spending lots of time in prayer and thinking about the best option, I feel at peace about the decision to wait and leave next week.


Wow, as you can see, it's been rather difficult to decipher where the voice of God truly is. The trade-off for taking care of business in Dallas while the group leaves for the trip is relatively obvious. I've spent a year meeting and praying with them, and it seems like maybe God's telling me to slow down. I would have loved to spend this week viewing new cities with great people but for some reason, things have not worked out for this to happen. I'll also have to make a 9.5 hour flight to Santiago alone when I actually do leave. I hope this time at home will let me figure out all of this medical junk and also get my passport in time to leave. I feel like I've been through some kind of storm with all of these plans going back and forth, but I'm really hoping that this one will work out.


So, what's next? I don't know. I need to not be regretful of this decision and be confident in the fact that I've got to take care of my medical issues. I've also got to understand that the passport situation was almost completely out of my hands and that I did all I could do. I can also spend some more time with people who I won't see for a while! I need to make the most out of the place God has put me. I'll get back soon after I speak with Gary, Wes, Reid, and Nikki. Peace out.

0 comments: