Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Aggies are here

Long story short about the Aggie retreat...they had major travel issues in Buenos Aires, thus delaying their arrival to Santiago by about 24 hours due to horrendous fog and a radar outage. So this sent us (the Grants, Hatchers, Emorys, Reid and I) back to Santiago from the retreat center, canceling the retreat. They finally arrived last night at 10 and we spent the day with them as they had an orientation and devotionals, etc. I will tell you that I've only spent about 10 hours with them and I'm already feeling as very good friends to many of the group. There's 18 of them and I already knew Sam and another guy from ACU with the group named Alex Castro. It's funny that there's also another guy on the trip that transfered to A&M last Spring from ACU that lived right below me in the fall and went to Southern Hills and I had never met him. Funny that you sometimes have to travel to South America to meet people from the same town as you in the states. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am greatly enjoying my time here surrounded by these sick people (the Aggies) that possess something strangely addicting....transfer, eh?

As far as other things go, we spent the evening having dinner and conversing with the Jovenes (college aged students). It has been a huge blessing to spend time with them, hear their stories, share my story and also help each other learn one another's languages. I sat and talked with Paloma about her going to law school and participating in a major political uprising as a high school student last year. I also got to hang out with Mauricio who is very active at the church here, and he's been an incredible helper for me to learn Spanish because he's so good at English. I love it here and I'm having a wonderful time. I can't wait to see what else happens.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better not transfer....Its good to hear that you are having a blessed time. Take care. Your brother in christ..Kevin

Spencer said...

Jeremy! Hey man whatsup? I'm just now getting to look at your blog. The Aggies were here working with us and they were great. We miss them already! Hows the weather in Santiago? It's been cold enough here for me to get a cold...

Blessings man and I hope all is going well!

Melissa said...

Sounds like your having a blast, Houston is great. I have loved getting to know Kendall, she is awesome. Anyways, you are in my prayers buddy and I am glad everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see more pics and read your next update. Tell Sam we said Hi! Love ya

Unknown said...

Yeah yeah, transfer transfer! :)

Anonymous said...

get real, tatum. You're not going to transfer! boo on you. but seriously...I miss you, man, and I'm SO glad you're having a wonderful time! I hope you get to feeling better! Bring back some Chilean children for me!