Sunday, June 08, 2008

summer in [humid] houston

I can't believe summer has already come and settled in. The last month, for me, was filled with the busyness of springtime graduations for Jacqueline and many of our friends from home. It seemed like there was a party or celebration or blessing every night of each weekend. It was a nice reminder of what church is and the kind of family that only God can bring together.

I write this entry from the Winter's home in Houston. I could not have asked for a better place to call my home for the next two months. I have the whole upstairs to myself (right now) and there is a Starbucks like half a mile away. I'm all set.

Tomorrow we start "work". For those of you who are out of the loop, I will serve as VBS Director for the summer. There is much to be done. We spent last week in several neighborhoods searching for more kids to sign up for this month-long experience. We'll get our interns on Wednesday and begin the official start of the summer for Impact's children's ministry.

Today I taught Kindergarten and was reminded of how church is an all day affair. I didn't get to lunch until 1 and then didn't get home until 3. Whoa. But I was blessed to have Tyree, DaJanae, Sedarious, Diamond, and Kiara sit with me at church. I'll try and get some pictures together soon!

Here's what YOU can do!: PRAY. Pray that I will make myself available for my fullest abilities this summer. Pray that I will stay focused on the core of what we are doing: Loving people and sharing God with them. Pray that I know my limits. Pray that I have a positive attitude. Pray that I don't stress. You can also send any financial assistance to me that you might have available. Kidding. But seriously.

That's all for now. I miss you if you're not in Houston. Call me. I have plenty of time to talk. There's no cable here. Very refreshing. Peace.

0 comments: